Why choose direct deposit?
- Gets you your money faster!
- You don't have to go to the bank!
- No chance of a lost check!
- It's easy to sign up!
HSC employees and students may have payments from the HSC deposited directly into any financial institution that is a member of the Automated Clearing House Network. Simply follow these easy steps:
Employees: Log into HRConnect at https://sso.tamus.edu, select the Payroll Data tab, then select Direct Deposit Information (Payroll and Accounting Reimbursement). There are two separate sections: one for Payroll Direct Deposit Information and one for Accounting System Direct Deposit Information. Complete each section as appropriate.
Students: Log into myHSC at https://my.tamhsc.edu, select the Student Business Services tab, then select Direct Deposit authorization under forms and links.
How will you know if your payment has been processed?
Employees - three options:
- If your bank has on-line banking, look at your account activity on-line through the banking system.
- If you
have access to FAMIS and your payment is not payroll, you may look at
FAMIS screen 162 and do the following:
- In the vendor field, type in a "2" and then your social security number, and then a "0".
- Tab over to the All field and type in "Y" and hit enter.
- If you do not see a voucher number that represents a direct deposit reimbursement, then your reimbursement has not been processed yet.
- If you do see a voucher number that represents a direct deposit, place an "X" by it and press enter.
- This will take you to screen 168. Near the middle of the screen you will see a field called "ACH Date." This is the date the reimbursement was processed in FAMIS. Your deposit into your bank account will occur first thing in the morning the next business day after the ACH Date.
- Contact HSC Accounts Payable at (979) 436-9242.
Students: If you have signed up for direct deposit and provided an email address, you will receive an e-mail when the payment has processed. You may also use any of the 3 options listed above for employees to check the status of your payment, or you may call Student Business Services at (979) 436-0194.