Occupational Health Program
IntroductionProtecting the health and safety of employees at the Texas A&M Health Science Center is crucial to the continued success of our mission to advance knowledge and technologies and bring the finest in health education, promotion and care to Texans. The Occupational Health Program at the HSC is managed by Environmental Health & Safety and administered through contracts with local Occupational Health Medicine providers, a memorandum of understating with the Texas A&M Office of Biosafety and coordination with affiliate Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees.
The Texas A&M Health Science Center’s Occupational Health Program is intended to identify those employees to be included in the OHP and through proper risk assessment, medical surveillance, treatment, and training provide the necessary preventative measures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment at no cost to the employee.
Participation in the Occupational Health Program
Texas A&M Health Science Center Occupational Health Program enrollment is required for all individuals who work directly or indirectly with patients, human tissues or wastes; pathogens; animals, animal tissues or wastes; and those who are identified in the HSC Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Individuals listed on an Institutional Biosafety Committee research permit working with agents at BSL2 or above.
- Individuals listed on an IACUC research or teaching Animal Use Protocol.
- Individuals involved in animal care in HSC animal use rooms housing animals for research and teaching.
- Visitors and collaborators, contract service providers, volunteers.
- Other individuals who may reasonably be expected to come in contact with human body fluids, human tissues or waste; animals, animal tissues or wastes; or human disease causing microorganisms as part of their job duties. (this may include Environmental Services, Facilities, Security, Environmental Health & Safety, Lab attendants, Clinical Staff)
Currently the following forms are available on-line: Complete the appropriate form(s) and submit to the HSC OHP.
Once OHP receives the forms additional forms may be required and sent to you for completion.
Note: Because these forms collect protected health information, we have taken extra steps to protect your information. You must be on the HSC network and you will need to login with your HSC username and password to access them.
Please select your personnel category in order to access the forms relevant to your area of responsibility:
Contact InformationFor questions or to submit your forms please use the contact information provided: