The Texas A&M Health Science Center is committed to providing a safe and healthful environment for faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in this goal, a training program has been established utilizing the Texas A&M System TrainTraq software to provide HSC personnel with the knowledge and tools necessary to reduce the risks associated with their work to the lowest level possible. The implementation of this program is shared between Environmental Health and Safety and Risk Management.
The TrainTraq system is accessible via SSO login and allows access 24 hours a day from any location with Internet access.
While some courses are mandatory for HSC employees, Risk Management and EHS will work with the Components in assigning additional courses according to job specific hazard exposures. If you or your department would like to receive additional course assignments or discuss your specific training needs, please have your supervisor contact HSC Risk Management, Matt Walton at (979) 458-7241 or firstname.lastname@example.org or John Fellers of Environmental Health and Safety at (979) 436-0547 or email@example.com.
The following is a list of currently available online courses. Clicking on any of the links below will show a summary of the selected course.
- 2111512: Showers and Eye Washes
- 2111513: Planning for Laboratory Emergencies
- 2111518: Orientation to Lab Safety
- 2111587: Flammables and Explosives in the Lab
- 2111503: Non-Healthcare Workers (for non-research and clinical environments)
- 2111507: Healthcare Facilities (for research and clinical environments)
- 2111951: Hazard Communication